FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions

What membership fee do I have to pay?

The current membership fees can be found here.

The following groups of members may apply for a reduction in dues.

- Retired members,
- members of the German Bunsen Society (DBG), DECHEMA, German Chemical Society (GDCh), German Society for Cell Biology (DGZ) or the Association for General and Applied Microbiology (VAAM)
- unemployed members

Students in bachelor/master/diploma/state examination or doctoral studies pay a reduced annual membership fee.
From the calendar year in which you turn 32, we will list you as a "Full" member. The status of young member can be extended with an appropriate proof (certificate of study or adequate).

The membership fee will be collected from your bank account by direct debit. Members abroad can also pay the fee by direct debit from their credit card (VISA, Mastercard).

You will receive the membership fee invoice with the membership confirmation or in January each year.


Last update on 09.06.2023 by Tino Apel.

Go back