GBM Young Investigators
YI @ Workshops
On November 29th this year, we are organizing our first online workshop on:
“Forschungsförderung strategisch nutzen”
The increasing competitive pressure within the German and international science system has led to scientists applying for funding with projects in ever shorter periods of time. However, not every program is equally useful to realize own goals or plans of faculties, institutes or universities.
This workshop aims to provide participants with information and orientation to help them apply for and use funding for science and research strategically.
The event combines the following elements:
- The definition of short-, medium- and longer-term goals to be achieved with the help of research funding,
- The overview of funding instruments that are suitable for the respective objectives,
- The discussion of program requirements and perspectives of funding institutions and reviews,
- The drafting and discussion of own exposés, which can serve as the basis for an application.
Lecturer: Dr. Beate Scholz, Scholz CTC GmbH http://www.scholz-ctc.de/
Language of the workshop: German
The workshop will be subsidized by GBM, so that participation of 8 members of the working group is possible for the low own contribution of only 125€ (instead of 449€).
If you are interested, please send the following information under the subject “Workshop: Forschungsförderung strategisch nutzen” to: email@example.com by May 15, 2022:
- full name and position
- website of the lab
- a short letter of motivation (max. 150 words).
Based on this information, we will make a selection and inform about the decision by June 15 at the latest.
Please note: A membership in the Young Investigators working group is required for the application. If you are not a member yet, you can easily join us via the corresponding link: Just scroll down!
We are looking forward to your application